Monday, December 23, 2013

Reading Between the Lines with Grammy

When I was in Ohio for Christmas...

Grammy: Oh! You know, I forgot to get the mail today... (Stares at me)
Me: Oh, you want me to get it in the morning?
Grammy: Sure! That'd be nice. Or, if you want to, you can get it tonight.
Me: Well..... It's really cold out. Can I get it tomorrow? Is that okay? Or did you want to read it tonight?
Grammy: Oh, sure. That's fine. But.... If you want to, you could get it tonight...
Me: (Clueless) Okay! I'll get it before I start my lessons in the morning. The freezing cold will wake me up.

::five minutes later::

Grammy: But..... You know... You could do it now if you wanted to.....
Me: ..........(lightbulb) Okay. I can go now.
Grammy: Oh! That's so sweet of you. You're such a sweetie!!

Today, among other things, I'm thankful for my Grammy's patience with my inability to read between the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment