Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday the 13th

I just got to the end of the lesson and my student noticed the date.

Student: Oh! Teacher! ::gasp::
Me: What happened?
Student: The date! It's the 13th of Friday!
Me: I know. You know it's supposed to be an unlucky day. Do you believe in that?
Student: Well, I know the movie. It's terrible.
Me: Friday the 13th, the movie?
Student: Yes! So terrible! Jason killed the people.
Me: Oh yeah. I know that movie. Yeah, people die in the movie. But, it's not real. Just a story.
Student: Oh, really?!? Well.... I am scared for you.
Me: Scared for me? Why would you be scared?
Student: I want you to run from Jason. Don't die.
Me: ... Okay. I promise to run.
Student: Okay, good! Please don't die from Jason.
Me: I will do my best.
Student: Good! Have a good weekend, teacher. Bye-bye!
Me: You too. Bye!

I'm touched that he cares and is rooting for me to outrun Jason tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment