Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dating Advice

I love when my students try to give me dating advice.

Student: What did you do this weekend?
Me: Well.... a lot of things. I was very busy for most of the weekend.
Student: Ay! All weekend?
Me: Yeah, pretty much.
Student: You must have had a hard yesterday.
Me: Yes, I had a hard time waking up yesterday. That's what every Monday is like.

::A few moments later::...

Student: But, you know.... I have a question.
Me: Okay, what's your question?
Student: Well... it's kind of private. Is that okay?
Me: Haha! Well, it depends on what it is. But, I will try to answer.
Student: Okay. Well, I was wondering..... You need to date more.
Me: Is that your question? That's not really a question.
Student: Okay.... so...... Why don't you date more?
Me: Haha! Well, I am trying. It is hard sometimes. I am busy a lot. And, I don't always make time for people in my schedule. So.... some of it is my fault.
Student: Well, I am older than you and I think that at your age you are not dating enough.
Me: That's good advice. I will try to make some changes for you.
Student: Okay. Thank you. I want you to date. So you can marry good man.
Me: Sounds like a plan. I will make you proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment