Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Mom is Creepy

Apparently, I can't hear today....

Me: Can you describe your father?
Student: He's tall and funny. And he is also very nice.
Me: Okay, good! Now, can you describe your mother?
Student: Well, she is a housewife. And nice to me.
Me: I'm glad she's nice to you. Anything else to describe your mother?
Student: Yes. She is also very creepy.
Me: She's creepy?
Student: Yes. She is a creepy woman.
Me: Oh... um..... why do you think she is creepy?
Student: When I look at her, she looks creepy.
Me: (not sure what to say) Oh. Okay. So.... does your father think she's creepy too?
Student: Oh, yes! When he meet her when they were young, he think she is sooooo creepy!
Me: Oh. Interesting. So, he married her, even though he thought she was creepy?
Student: Yes! He marry her BECAUSE she is so creepy.

(At this point I realized that I was missing something)

Me: Wongyu, can you please spell creepy for me? I think I am misunderstanding you.
Student: Yes. It's creepy. Spelled P-R-E-T-T-Y. Creepy.
Me: (lauging) Oh, you need to pronounce that PRETTY. Otherwise, it means something completely different.
Student: Oh, okay. My mother is PRETTY.

So, yeah. I'm glad we clarified that.

No comments:

Post a Comment