Monday, September 23, 2013

Drunken Every Night

This. Just. Happened.

Me: What did you do over your Chuseok vacation?
Student: I drunken. Then movie. Then Drunken more. Then movie. Then drunken movie.
Me: Haha. I see! So, you drank lots of Soju and watched movies?
Student: Yes!
Me: So... are you drunk right now?
Student: Of course! Drunken everyday.
Me: Ah. Well, you sure like to party, don't you. You know, I've noticed that you are drunk dur...ing most of our lessons. Is there another time that would be better for you? I think you would improve more in your English skills if you were sober.
Student: No. I like drunken lessons.
Me: Haha. Okay, works for me.

...5 minutes later...

Student: Wait! You're single, right?!?!?
Me: (Hesitantly) .....yes.....
Student: Why single?!?!? What is wrong with you?
Me: LOL! There is NOTHING wrong with me. I am just single. It's not a disease!
Student: Why are you single, though? Is something wrong with your face?
Me: .......no. Nothing is wrong with my face.
Student: Well, what does it look like? My face is great! I look like The Orlando Bloom! Many girls say... "OooooOOOooooo! Take a picture with me! Have my baby!"
Me: (trying to prove a point) Well, if your face is great, why are you single?
Student: Because I am drunken every night.
Me: Yep, that would be a problem.

Sigh. This is both amusing and sad. I only get a lesson with "Orlando Bloom" twice a week, and he is ALWAYS drunk. So, it is very hard to help his English improve, let alone try to help influence his life. All I can do is just laugh and love him. See More

No comments:

Post a Comment