Monday, February 3, 2014

A Marriage Proposal

I was excited to see that a student I taught three months ago was added back to my schedule. We spent time during our lesson catching up and deciding a game-plan for goals.

Student: You know, the last time I talked to you I was in a pub.
Me: Oh really? A lot of my students have their lessons while they are out with coworkers or friends.
Student: Really? That must be very funny.
Me: Oh, it is. Some of them are very drunk. Their English is actually better when they've had a few beers.
Student: HAHA!! That's a good idea! You know.... the last lesson we had, I tricked you. I'm sorry.
Me: You did? How did you trick me?
Student: Well, I had many beers and didn't want to take the lesson. So, I gave the phone to my friend.
Me: That's hilarious! What did you friend say? I don't remember this happening.
Student: Well, he told you his English name and that he was drunk. He only talked to you for a few moments and then he wanted to drink more.
Me: That's funny! I'm sad that I don't remember .
Student: Yeah. But, you know, Lindsay, something happened with my friend after the phone call.
Me: Really? What happened?
Student: Well.... He fall in love.... with you. He said your voice is very nice. And he is very interested in you. For marriage.
Me: (slowly realizing what he is saying) Oh! Well, that is very nice of him.
Student: So, are you?
Me: Am I what?
Student: Interested in marriage with him.
Me: Well..... I don't think that's a good idea. But, I appreciate the offer.
Student: Why? He is so handsome! And he is nice! And single! And he has good hair!
Me: Oh, well.... he sounds like he would make a great husband for someone. But, I don't think I am the woman for him. Not this time.
Student: Okay. I will tell him. He will be so sad.
Me: I'm sorry to disappoint him, but I'm sure he will find another woman with a nice voice.
Student: I hope so.
---- ---- ----

So..... My Monday started with a student proposing to me for a friend. I have a feeling this week will be an entertaining one.

No comments:

Post a Comment